In today's world, it is our duty to take care of our clothes using as little water and energy as possible. Excessive use of detergents, softeners and products chemicals used in the care of clothing and products does not only damage our clothes, it also pollutes and degrades our natural resources.
That is why we need to work together to protect our clothes, the environment and the future by taking care of our clothes and our products.
Each of our products you purchased, either online or in-store, comes with a “Care Label”. Please make sure that you follow the instructions provided on the care label for the maintenance of your products.
Maintenance instructions may vary to take into account the differences in fabric components (such as type of fiber) and same as whether or not your product includes features additional design / aesthetics / performance. The stickers maintenance include additional instructions to take into account of these differences, which must be followed properly.
Product Maintenance Instructions & Guidelines
Step 1, Washing:
● Make sure to wash your clothes according to the directions care instructions indicated on the product label.
● Improper washing or excessive washing of your products can adversely affect the both to our products and to the environment.
● Before your products are washed, they must be classified into according to their characteristics.
● This classification must be established according to their delicacy:
● Those which are to be hand-washed
● Those which are to be washed in the washing machine in Delicates cycle and
● Those that should be washed normally in the washing machine.
Delicate fabrics such as wool or silk products or printed, embroidered or handmade products should not be washed with ordinary cotton products.
You should also separate the products according to their color, in in particular in three categories:
● Bright colours
We remind you that products with characteristics or different colors may stain or deform each other.
● When washing products, use the quantity appropriate detergent. Contrary to popular belief, too many detergent can actually wear down our clothes, rather than making them look clean.
● The choice of detergent is the most important part of washing. He is recommended to choose different detergents for white clothes and color. As detergents for white laundry contain bleach, it may cause discoloration colorful products.
● When washing colored clothes, it is recommended to use a detergent for colored clothes.
● For concentrated detergents, special attention must be granted. Excessive use of concentrated detergents can cause alteration or wear of clothing in a very short time.
● Remember that products have a wash life that depends on of their use. For this reason, the products should not be washed if they are not very dirty. Aeration and brushing can replace washing.
● When washing, washing machines must not be filled with excessive amount of products, as they will not be washed thoroughly. On the other hand, the machines should not be used with too little products. Washing with just a few products is a waste incredible, unnecessary and harmful to our environment.
● Washing temperatures should be those described on the product care labels. Contrary to popular belief, products can be washed sufficiently even at low temperature.
● Remember that washing at high temperature may cause shrinkage, wither or stretch the products.
● The washing times must be chosen according to the recommendations on the care label, ideally in a shortest cycle possible, in order to reduce waste. The duration of washing is as important as the detergent and the temperature.
● Wash your products upside down.
● Make sure your products are rinsed well, as the soap powder or detergent residue on clothing can cause discoloration partial.
● Immediately after the washing procedure is completed, the clothes should be removed from the machine and dried using the recommended method.
● It should be remembered that clothes left in the room for a long time machine can stain each other.
● Since the hardness of the water causes inadequate washing of the clothing and can potentially make your products gray, be sure to that the water used is of good quality and not hard. Recommended hardness of water must not exceed the German hardness unit 3 dH.
● When washing colored clothes, pay special attention to do not use bleaching agents. LCW recommends never use bleaching agents, even for white clothes. Indeed, the use of bleach shortens the physical lifespan clothing and harms the environment.
● When it is recommended to wash your products by hand, wash them at lukewarm or cold water.
● Before washing your products by hand, make sure that the soap or detergent is well dissolved in water. Soap or detergent residue may remain on the products after washing, which can cause alteration of your clothing.
● If your product has buttons, zippers, etc., close them completely before washing it.
● Before washing your products, remove the removable accessories.
● Make sure, as much as possible, to separate and wash your products according to color. Due to misuse and a process of improper washing, clothes that are not washed with colors similar can warp over time.
● If your product consists of several pieces of different colors that can be separated, be sure to wash the separate parts of your products with similar colors, to avoid damage.
● Be sure to wash lint-free products separately from others to avoid damaging them.
Step 2, Drying:
● Dry your clothes according to the recommendations in the instructions maintenance.
● Do not dry your clothes in direct sunlight. The exhibition direct and prolonged sunlight can cause damage to your clothes.
● Do not dry your products on radiators or heating appliances. heating, as this could cause deformation of these products.
● Dry your woolen or partially woolen knitwear by wringing them out hand, placing them on a flat surface at room temperature. Yes you hang them to dry them, this can cause deformation.
Step 3, Ironing:
● Before you start ironing your products, classify them according to the levels temperature indicated on the care labels and start with the products that must be ironed at low temperature.
● For optimal ironing, it is preferable to iron your products when slightly damp. Remember that an ironing slightly damp ensures that the clothes will not burn or be not damaged.
● Make sure you turn your products inside out.
● Be especially careful to iron areas with prints, embroidery and handmade softly and inside out.
● Try not to iron the zippers on products that have them. are provided.
● Do not iron plastic tags on your clothes.
● Because the chemicals used in dry cleaning can be harmful to our environment, LCW aims to ensure that the majority of our products can be washed at home and do not need to be dry cleaned.
● For this reason, the only products that we recommend cleaning at dry are those that are too sensitive to be washed at home (products with padding, stiff fabric or very fragile crafts).
● Only if the care label of your product recommends the dry cleaning, you can have your products dry cleaned.